Are you thinking about selling your home in Yorkdale-Glen Park? Have you been thinking of selling it by yourself instead of hiring a real estate agent? There are several advantages of selling your home yourself, but there are disadvantages as well. To make it easier for you to make a decision find the most important pros and cons below.
The most important PRO for selling your home yourself in Yorkdale-Glen Park is MONEY. Selling your home without the help of an agent means more Money in your pocket! By selling it yourself you save the commissions and fees. – We are not talking about pennys, we are talking about THOUSANDS of dollars which you would have to pay an agent. Another advantage is that you are able to decide the times for open houses and showings. It is also completely up to you where and when you want to advertise. Unlike a real estate agent who is selling many houses, you can focus on YOUR house, because you are only selling your own house. It is obvious that you will have more interest in the sale than an agent.
How to Find the Best Yorkdale-Glen Park,Toronto Based Apartment For Rent ?
What is An Entitlement?
The definition of entitlement with regard to land development is the legal method of obtaining approvals for the right to develop property for a particular use. The entitlement process is complicated, time consuming and can be costly, but know what you can and can't do with a piece of property is vital to determining the real estate feasibility of your project. Some examples of entitlements are as follows:
1. Zoning and zoning variances for building heights, number of parking spaces, setbacks. Your land use attorneys and zoning experts come into play here. My advice is to heavily rely on their expertise and follow their directions to avoid unnecessary delays in your approval process.
2. Rezoning. Depending on the current use allowed for the property, you might need to have the site rezoned which is a complicated process and sometimes cannot be done.
3 Use Permits. You may need to obtain conditional use permits and this goes hand in hand with zoning and zoning variances.
4. Road approvals. Do you need to put in existing roads? Who maintains the roads? Are there shared roads via easements? These are all questions that you need to have the answers to and be prepared to comply with in the regulatory process.
5 Utility approvals. Are utilities available to the site? Do you need to donate land to the city in exchange for utility entitlements? Again, you will need to comply with the municipality regulations and standards.
6. Landscaping approvals. The city planning and development agencies must also approve your design and landscaping. Your architect and engineers will be most helpful in this area.
If wetlands are located on the property you will need special documentation that states whether the Wetlands Act applies or not. If it does, either it will result in significant or insignificant impact as granted by evidence of a permit. Sometimes it is best to set aside or donate the wetlands portion of the property and avoid development issues. Your development team will be able to advise you on the best course of action once they have assessed all the information and reviewed the reports.
Real Estate Home Staging Services
Here are some things to think about.
Today's housing market is an interesting one indeed. A few years ago, the boom enabled people to sell their places before the sign hit the yard. There were bidding wars that drove the prices up even higher than the asking price. Properties sold in minutes or hours. This was an unusual market. A more normal time frame for the selling process is a couple of months, at least.
Now on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, we have today's market. Due to a slew of foreclosures or those sold on the auction block due to tax lien defaults and don't forget short sales, values and prices have dipped substantially, as well.
- Network: A Realtor will have a network of associates who will also be showing the house to potential buyers. With an agency, there is a team of professional on your side.
It's a difficult housing market and to move a property to the "sold!" status, it takes an experienced and determined team of pros. A full service real estate company has the tools and personnel needed to sell homes.