Are you thinking about selling your home in East End-Danforth? Have you been thinking of selling it by yourself instead of hiring a real estate agent? There are several advantages of selling your home yourself, but there are disadvantages as well. To make it easier for you to make a decision find the most important pros and cons below.
The most important PRO for selling your home yourself in East End-Danforth is MONEY. Selling your home without the help of an agent means more Money in your pocket! By selling it yourself you save the commissions and fees. – We are not talking about pennys, we are talking about THOUSANDS of dollars which you would have to pay an agent. Another advantage is that you are able to decide the times for open houses and showings. It is also completely up to you where and when you want to advertise. Unlike a real estate agent who is selling many houses, you can focus on YOUR house, because you are only selling your own house. It is obvious that you will have more interest in the sale than an agent.
How to Find the Best East End-Danforth,Toronto Based Apartments For Sale ?
Investing some time and energy into making minor repairs to your home can make a big difference when it comes time to selling your home. Since most buyers stretch their budget to get the home they want, the last thing they want to do is incur a cash outlay to make repairs. Fortunately, for the home seller, most repairs and minor improvements are not costly. For example, applying a fresh coat of paint to rooms can have a dramatic effect.
Increasing your home's curb appeal will boost the value and will help it to sell. A buyer's first impression is invaluable. Curb appeal includes your home's siding, roof, front door, gutters and landscaping. If the trim is peeling, apply a new coat of paint. If your home is an unusual color, paint it a more conventional color. Cover bare patches in the lawn with sod and keep it well-manicured. Repair walkways, steps and porches.
Warranties and Disclosures
Purchasing a home warranty from a warranty company in your state will provide buyers with peace of mind. If you have made any significant repairs, replacements or improvements to the home within the past five years, show the bills to the home buyer to prove it. Point out any improvements that produced energy cost savings.
Home buyers love houses that don't require major repairs. Making repairs and minor home improvements to the inside and outside of the home will help you sell your home efficiently.
Can You Sell Your Own Home?
• You need to sell your house but you can't because you have let it run down over the years and it needs lots of Tender Loving Care.
• You can't fix it up because you don't have the cash.
• You are behind on the Mortgage Payments.
If this sounds like the house you have right now then read on. The solution to selling these difficult houses is surprisingly simple, and incredibly effective. The easiest way to explain a House Selling Strategy (or a House Buying Strategy for that matter) is through an example.
The Handyman Special
• The Situation - You are a seller with a house in a bad state of repair. It is currently worth $200 000. All the other houses in your area are worth $300 000.
• The neighbours are on your back to Renovate Your House because it is bringing down the value of their homes.
• You have had professional tradespeople in to give you quotes on the repairs. You cannot afford to pay the $30 000 for the repairs and you couldn't possibly find the time to DIY. You're too busy working to try and pay the mortgage payments for that!
Conclusion: How does this all end?
• The Bank sees a house worth $300 000 and a buyer who has a contract-for-sale for $240 000. They are delighted to lend 80% of the valuation to the buyer ($240 000). Happy Bank!
• The Seller gets $40 000 more than he/she ever believed possible and didn't have to spend a penny or lift a hammer to get it. Happy Seller!
• The Buyer gets a beautiful home decorated and renovated to THEIR Tastes and the only money spent is about $8000. NO DEPOSIT needed. The bank gave them ALL the money they needed to buy the house at the seller's price of $240 000. Wow - a beautiful $300 000 home for only $8000 cash. Happy Buyer!
So the "Handyman Special" Strategy for Selling a House has in this case resulted in Happy Seller, Happy Buyer, and Happy Banker. Now that is a WIN - WIN - WIN situation.